In the spirit of 4/13 and the general idea of Homestuckiness, I encourage everyone to watch Of Gold Rings and Temporal Things, a full Homestuck combat stage show!! It was performed last fall at Mythicon in Orlando, Florida, and it is nothing but an awesome time!! Check it out during your 4/13 celebrations :)
A poor kid named John Egbert has been stuck inside his house for quite some time now (One could say he was homestuck). When he ventures outside, he ends up walking through the doors to reality, and seeing all of his friends at an anime convention. However, The Midnight Crew followed him through, and they’re planning a heist that will ruin Mythicon for everyone! Will John, with the help of the audience, be able to stop the Crew in their tracks?
John Egbert - murtunacaptor.tumblr.com
Dave Strider - malonemoveshome.tumblr.com
Jade Harley - cancerously.tumblr.com
Rose Lalonde - hikaluv.tumblr.com
Spades Slick - yourviewingpleasure.tumblr.com
Diamonds Droog - awesomedroogie.tumblr.com
Clubs Deuce - galacticmariner.tumblr.com
Hearts Boxcars - fractalwizard.tumblr.com
God Tier Dave Strider - sallyattheseashore.tumblr.com
Bro Strider - embyr-eternal.tumblr.com
Jake English - ixyukixi.tumblr.com
Sn0wman - technicolortherapist.tumblr.com
Gamzee Makara - purplebloodedmajesty.tumblr.com
Feferi Peixes - solantz-has-thearkenstone.tumblr.com
Ms. Paint - voyeuristicdarlings.tumblr.com
Directed by turntechskullkid.tumblr.com
Videograhpy by mrcobrabytes.tumblr.com (facebook.com/mrcobrabytes)
HAPPY 4/13/14: 5 years of Homestuck, and 3 years of cosplay
So I got into Homestuck in very early 2011; I had heard about it in mid-2010 through a friend on Livejournal’s roleplaying boards (who played Karkat after his introduction into the comic). I FINALLY picked up to read it and was caught up by March, and I’ve been addicted since then, even 3 years… and 10 costumes later. Homestuck has given me some of my greatest friends and solidified all the personal relationships I had previous. It’s taught me how to sew (Armsocks were the first things I ever sewed, and Feferi was the first costume to have a sewn garment, her skirt) and it’s taught me how to really run big events. Homestuck has given me opportunities to meet friends, run panels, and perform. There’s nothing I’ll be able to do to ever repay it.
So happy 4/13. Happy 4/13 to every Homestuck out there, to every person who’s read and enjoyed the comic, Happy 4/13 to every person that’s asked me about Homestuck and wanted to read the comic.
Happy 4/13 everyone. Have a great, amazing, celebratory day. :)
(Cosplayers are me unless otherwise noted; other cosplayer credits and photographer credits are in the photo captions!)
Sometimes I forget that people weren’t into the Homestuck fandom in 2012 when it was horrendously large
so here’s some mass con photoshoot shots from the year Homestuck took over everything (the con it was taken at is in the caption of each photo)
Hey guys! I’m doing some “spring cleaning” of sorts and finding some old merch, wigs, fabric, and even a couple of costumes that I’m trying to sell! I’ve got some figurines, rubber straps, wigs, and a couple of my old outfits under the cut that I’m looking to get rid of. Please signal boost and check it out! c: If you’re interested in anything, please send me an ask and I will put an item on hold for you while I calculate shipping and send you my payment info. Items will be held for up to a day until you can pay. After that, it goes to the next person waiting, or back to the general public.
For note on the costumes, my measurements are 42-37-42, I’m 5 feet tall, and a size 8-10 in pants. All costumes will fit anyone of this size or smaller, if it’s taken in (which you will have to do after purchase). All prices listed are WITHOUT shipping, please contact me for a shipping estimate!
TT: What would I say to those short fables?
TT: Not much, except I gather the third is a story about me, and that there’s a lesson you’d like me to take from it.
TT: That I should renounce my “allegiance” before my grimdark corruption is absolute.
TT: And while I’m at it, I should discard these useless wands, because apparently the power was in my little black heart all along. Is that right?
I’ve just been informed that our show, Of Gold Rings and Temporal Things, is not in the schedule for Mythicon tonight. I would like to clarify that THE SHOW IS STILL GOING ON. It begins at 8 PM, doors are earlier and you’ll want to line up to get a good seat!
This show has been over a year in the making and we really REALLY want people to be there for it. If you need ANY info at the con, you can look for me in my Jade Harley god tier outfit for the show! I look like this:
(Minus the flower crown, that is)
Please come to the show, everyone. We have an amazingly talented cast, multiple fights and songs, and the COOLEST sort of choreo you’ve ever seen. Please come. It would mean the world to me. I will personally hug you, honestly.
See you all there, TONIGHT! 8 PM! MYTHICON!
The Alternia Adorabloodthirsties - DerbystuckComing to you live from the Crockercorp Battle Arena, we’re thrilled to welcome home our own darling little murderers, THE ALTERNIA ADORABLOODTHIRSTIES. Fresh from their brutal semi-championship (featuring two cranial plate smashes, three cases of ocular injury, and one sanctioned killing of a lowblood ) the Adorabloodthirsties are here to slick the floors in blood for your continued amusement.
Introducing today’s lineup, put your paws together for crowd favorite and starting jammer ARSENICCATNIP. Blockers ARACHNIDSGRIP and GALLOWSCALIBRATOR also return as the out-of-their-pans SCOURGE SISTERS, fighting themselves almost as much as the other team.
Keep your ocular sockets peeled and your splatter umbrellas ready, because this is going to be a match to remember.
ENDS TONIGHT! PLEASE APPLY, I STILL HAVE MANY ROLES THAT HAVE NO AUDITIONS!
[S] Homestuck Fan: Attend Panel is now casting for Metrocon 2013!
What is this?: The Homestuck Q&A Ask Panel, [S] Homestuck Fan: Attend Panel is casting for this year!
When is the panel?: 6 PM on Saturday.
Where?: Metrocon 2013.
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS AND RULES FOR CASTING?
1) Our whole group will be having Skype meetups for script work and possibly one real-life meetup closer to the date, along with a meeting Friday night of Metrocon and meeting up outside the panel room half an hour prior to the start. There will be a few that are ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED and you will need to be committed to working your schedule to be there.
2) There will be light scripting- meaning there will be an opening/closing script and potentially some small skits in the middle to keep attention flowing! You will be required to memorize lines, but also be able to do good improv of your character!
3) Do NOT feel pressured about doing a specific “voice” for the character. Do what feels right to you. On that note, if you are planning to be Eridan (or say, Tavros) who have a very SPECIFIC vocal quirk, we will expect you to be able to do that. (In other words, I do expect wwhatevver as wwhatewer.)
4) BE A TEAM PLAYER! We’re here to have fun and bring a great show to the audience. You’ll need to cooperate and not take offence at fandom gags. Again, I use Eridan. We don’t really hate you. I promise. You also need to be able to STAND IN FRONT OF A CROWD AND BE STARED AT. Our panel room holds over 150 people, and you need to be okay with that!
5) YOU CANNOT DROP OUT LAST MINUTE. Let me repeat that: YOU CANNOT DROP OUT LAST MINUTE. If you are selected for this you are selected, and barring a family emergency I will expect you to be there. Should you not, I will not hesitate to not allow you to be part of any further panels. This is a serious commitment and I expect you to treat it as such.
That said, these panels are always a TON OF FUN, and I’ve never met someone who did a panel with me and said it wasn’t a great time. So no pressure! We’re here to put on a good show.
WHAT CHARACTERS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? This time around there is NO pre-set casting, meaning I am taking open auditions. That said, at this time, I am only looking for BETA AND ALPHA KIDS AND BETA AND SOME ALPHA TROLLS. What that means is, you can audition for:
- Any kid, from the Beta or Alpha sessions.
- Any beta troll!
- Only certain alpha trolls. These alpha trolls are: KANKRI, ARANEA, and MEENAH.
I am only casting certain alpha trolls to control cast size, and if we don’t get good auditions for them, they will not be cast! They are flexible roles. On the other hand, if we get some PHENOMINAL alpha auditions, and not as many for some smaller beta roles (such as Feferi or Aradia, who frequently get little to no questions), the roles may be shift! Primarily, this is to ensure a GOOD QUALITY cast of actors.
OKAY, SO HOW DO I AUDITION? There are two rounds to auditions: the first round will involve an email with photos of you in cosplay, along with some other criteria (listed below). From there the crowd will be narrowed based on costume quality, acting experience, and ability to meet the above criteria and rules. Those selected for round 2 will undergo a video audition, where I will ask questions over skype and you will respond with the character you are auditioning for!
For round one auditions, please send the information below to email@example.com:
- Tumblr URL/cosplay alias (if applicable):
- Best place to contact you (best email AND social network):
- Characters you are auditioning for in order of preference:
- Performance experience (including out of panels and cosplay work):
- Can you make it to regular Skype rehearsals?:
- Can you perform in front of a large crowd?:
- In addition, please include pictures of your costumes; please try to get full body shots or as close to full body as possible. If the costume is in progress, include pictures of in-progress work.
Applications will be taken until JUNE 26TH, at 11:59 PM, giving you a full two weeks to audition! When I get your email I will send you back one letting you know that I received it. If I don’t get back to you within 48 hours of sending it, send me another email, because it means I did not receive it. Check your emails for these responses!
The tag for this panel will be “Homestuck Fan Attend Panel” and all updates will go there! Can’t wait to see your auditions, and please signal boost!
six more hours you guys! I still have zero applications for multiple characters!
one last reblog, closes at midnight! uwu